Thursday, November 12, 2009

turning my eyes upon Jesus...

recently, well probably all my christian life, i have been struggling to find complete contentedness in the Lord and Him alone. i have found myself subconsciously getting wrapped up in what the world views as happiness or completeness and have felt like i needed someone or something to make me compete. crazy thing is when i get these things i'm still not complete or whole. i still feel like a piece of me is missing. sad thing is in writing this i feel like i sound like a new believer but actually i've been walking with the Lord for over six years and i still find myself placing idols before Him. so in realizing this about myself and seeking counsel i have been able to rest in Him alone. i have found myself ignoring or avoiding these things i struggle with and am finding my identity/completeness in Him. i have began placing, spending all my time with the Lord which in evidently fills me up causing me to not need these idols in my life. so in TURNING MY EYES UPON JESUS the things of this world have grown strangely dim!
enjoy my now life theme song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfr5rOfimnU

No comments:

Post a Comment